The New Olympus E-M1 II is rumored to be announced on September 19th. According to the latest rumors from FT3, this new camera would have a new Olympus designed and Sony produced sensor! The sensor reading is twice as fast as the current Olympus PEN-F.
The source also leaked several detailed specifications:
- Now uncertain: Sony 20MP sensor or sensor designed by Olympus and produced by Sony
- 4K video (first Olympus camera with 4K)
- Dual SD card slot
- Handheld High Resolution mode
- Much improved autofocus performance
- new high-resolution EVF
- Announcement at Photokina in September
- It has no global shutter. But Olympus worked hard to reduce rolling shutter to a negligible level
Earlier rumors said it would cost approximately £1300.00 at launch, not much more than the Olympus E-M1.
Read more Olympus camera rumors