The Indonesian public agency Sertifikasi registered a new “E-M1” Olympus camera for the commercialization on the Chinese market. This means Olympus E-M1 II is set to ship within 1-2 months. This new Olympus E-M1 II is expected to be announced on September 19th.
Below are the confirmed specifications of E-M1 II:
- Announcement on September 19
- 4K video (first Olympus camera with 4K)
- Dual SD card slot
- Handheld High Resolution mode
- Much improved autofocus performance
- new high-resolution EVF
- Announcement at Photokina in September
- It has no global shutter. But Olympus worked hard to reduce rolling shutter to a negligible level
Earlier rumors said it would cost approximately £1300.00 at launch, not much more than the Olympus E-M1.
Read more Olympus camera rumors