Nikon’s full frame mirroless camera is coming near! According to the latest rumors from NR, the development announcement of first two full frame mirrorless cameras could be at the end of this month. This is much earlier than expected (Photokina 2018). Below are the updated details:
- Two full frame mirrorless cameras coming together: one is 24-25MP CMOS sensor and the other is 45MP CMOS sensor (48MP is also a possibility).
- Similar body size to the recently Sony A7 III ( Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama) camera but with better ergonomics and a better grip.
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- New mirrorless mount, maybe Z-mouont.
- The new mirrorless mount will allow for f/0.95 lenses
- Memory cards: XQD card and CF Express card
- EVF resolution: 3.6MP
- At first, three Nikon full frame mirrorless lenses will be announced: 24-70mm, 35mm F1.4 and 50mm F1.4. There is also a 24mm, but it may come later.
- The 45MP model will be around $4,000 in a kit with the 24-70mm lens.
- The 24MP model will be under $3,000 (also with a lens).
- The official announcement is rumored for the end of July and shipping shortly after (August 23rd). Maybe we will see the development announcement at the end of July and the official announcement before Photokina 2018.
Read More Nikon Camera Rumors