DPReview has just posted the new year’s resolutions of cameras and lenses in 2019. Read the details below:
Canon – in 2019
- Add IBIS to the RF lineup and update your sensors (or buy Sony’s).
- Make the RF mount an open standard.
- Reclaim your ILC video crown – no more cropped 4K!
- Dump the MFn bar…
- Make the 5D Mark V a true digital EOS 3.
- Think different – embrace computational photography.
Nikon – in 2019
- Keep developing that Z-series lens roadmap.
- Bring 3D AF Tracking to the Z-series – in fact, bring all of your industry-leading AF area modes to the Z-series.
- Make an FTZ adapter with a built-in AF motor. Carey’s got a 105mm F2 DC he really wants to shoot with.
- Make the Z mount an open standard.
Sigma – in 2019
- Calm down a bit with the ‘biggest, heaviest and fastest’ primes thing and create a range of compact F2 lenses.
- Try again with the 24-70mm F2.8 Art.
- Follow Tamron’s example and develop some native Sony FE lenses.
- Reverse-engineer the Canon RF and Nikon Z mounts and show them how it’s done.
- Create a range of full-frame Merrill compacts.
Ricoh (Pentax) – in 2019
- Make a true successor to the K-1.
- Reissue the K-01 – just kidding! Give your fans a proper mirrorless camera – maybe the L-mount alliance has room for another member?
- Make a full-frame GR to compete with the Leica Q and Sony RX1R II.
Panasonic – in 2019
- Ditch field-sequential EVFs, for good.
- Either fix DFD for video, or use PDAF instead.
- Now that you’re in the L mount alliance, how about making a full-frame 4K video camera
Olympus – in 2019
- Start making small cameras again. Maybe an updated PEN-F?
- Update the OM-D E-M5 II.
- Simplify your cameras’ menu systems, please!
- Add PDAF to your lower-end PEN and OM-D cameras.
- Add a large sensor to the TOUGH range.
Fujifilm – in 2019
- Make a full-frame X100 .
- Continue improving your face and eye-detection autofocus. The X-T3 was a great start.
- Make a proper X70 successor
- Refresh your F1.4 primes.
- Don’t try to palm us off with 15fps ‘4K video’ ever again.