60.1 MP! Yes! According to the latest rumors from CR2, the Canon EOS 5Ds / 5Ds R successor will have a brand new 60.1 MP full-frame image sensor. This new DSLR is most likely announced in Q3/Q4 2017.
Below are rumored specifications of Canon EOS 5Ds R replacement:
- Working prototypes are currently being tested.
- The “5DS” series will be amalgamated into a single camera.
- No low pass filter.
- New 60.1mp image sensor.
- A new type of low megapixel mode.
- 4K video (video is not a big part of the cameras design).
- Identical body to the EOS 5D Mark IV.
- Focus peaking present, may appear first on another DSLR.
- Expect all the other features such as DPAF, Wifi, Touchscreen and GPS
From the list, you can see Canon EOS 5DS successor have some same features as the new released Canon EOS 5D Mark IV.
Read more Canon Camera Rumors