Leica has just officially announced the new Leica M10 Monochrom Mirrorless Digital Rangefinder Camera. It is a black and white rangefinder camera with a newly designed 40MP sensor, featuring the thin design of the M10 series while adding the touchscreen, silent shutter and Wi-Fi of the M10-P. This new camera costs $8,295, first available for pre-order at B&H/ Adorama. It will start shipping from the end of January 2020.
Below are the detailed specifications:
|MSRP||$8295 pre-order at B&H/ Adorama|
|Body type||Rangefinder-style mirrorless|
|Max resolution||7864 x 5200|
|Image ratio w:h||3:2|
|Effective pixels||41 megapixels|
|Sensor size||Full frame (36 x 24 mm)|
|Optics & Focus|
40MP Black & White CMOS Sensor and Maestro II Processor
Optical Viewfinder and Rangefinder
The optical viewfinder is a large, bright-line 0.73x-magnification rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation and bright-line frame lines, which are set to match the image sensor size at a focusing distance of 6.6′. On the front of the camera, a viewfinder frame selector can also be used to manually change the apparent image field to help visualize the scene with varying focal lengths; options are available in 35mm/135mm, 28mm/90mm, and 50mm/75mm focal length pairs.
The rangefinder mechanism displays split or superimposed bright field images within the center of the viewfinder to benefit accurate manual focusing control. The effective rangefinder metering basis is 50.6mm (mechanical metering basis 69.31mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.73x).
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Slim body profile is reminiscent of Leica’s film cameras for easier handling and manipulation
- Integrated ISO dial is featured on the top plate to permit simple and direct adjustment of sensitivity values, even when the camera is turned off.
- The rear of the camera features just three buttons—live view, playback, and menu—for more simplified and intuitive navigation of the camera’s control-set.
- A programmable Favorites menu can be used, which allows you to define your most oft-used settings and select them for easy, one-touch access.
- 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive, bright, and large means for image playback as well as live view shooting.
- Rear LCD monitor has a Corning Gorilla Glass cover to protect it against scratching and impacts.
- Top and bottom plates are machined from solid blocks of brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy for a truly durable, hard-wearing physical construction.
- Rubber seals are used to prevent the entrance of light rain and dust to enable working in inclement conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits sharing imagery directly to a linked smartphone and also enables remote control over the M10 Monochrom to adjust select shooting parameters or to release the shutter via the Leica FOTOS app.
Other Camera Features
- Integrated 2GB buffer to for recording 4.5 fps bursts of up to 10 consecutive frames.
- Images can be recorded in either the DNG or JPEG file format.
- A top hot shoe permits working with an external flash and the top sync speed is 1/180 sec.
- When working in live view, focus peaking is available to highlight edges of contrast for easier, more precise manual focus adjustment.
- Designed to accept all M-mount lenses, Leica R-mount lenses are also compatible through the use of an optional R to M adapter.
- Compatible with the optional Visoflex accessory electronic viewfinder for manually focusing adapted lenses.
- Language support: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Korean.
Read More Leica Camera Rumors