Sony has just announced the new Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VI. It is a 1″-type compact camera, featuring a 24-200mm F2.8-4.5 zoom lens, 315 phase detection points and 24 fps with autofocus, a touchscreen up to 180 degree upwards and 90 degree downwards and extending shooting flexibility. Sony RX100 VI costs $1,198 US dollars, available for Pre-Order at B&H/ Adorama.
- 20.1MP 1″ Exmor RS CMOS Sensor & BIONZ X Image Processor
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm Lens
- Fast Hybrid AF System with 315 Phase-Detection Points
- UHD 4K Video Recording
- Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Other Camera Features
- Anti-Distortion electronic shutter can enable completely silent shooting as well as the ability to work at shutter speeds as fast as 1/32000 second. This shutter also keeps rolling shutter effects to an absolute minimum and enables photographers to work in bright light with wider apertures.
- The Fn menu can be accessed and edited immediately after continuous shooting, while data writing is still in progress.
- File name setting allows users to change the first three characters of the file name from DSC to three characters of their choice. Additionally, images shot in continuous mode can also be displayed, reviewed, and deleted in the groups they were shot for faster operation.
- Step Zoom lets you quickly change between five common focal lengths (24, 28, 35, 50, or 70mm) by rotating the control ring.
- Eye AF in AF-C mode will lock on and tack a subject’s eye, even as the face moves.
- Users can set a minimum shutter speed when using ISO AUTO to help minimize shutter blur.
- Creative Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, and Style Box.
- Picture Effect modes: Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-Key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
- Picture Profile parameters: Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Depth, Color Phase, Detail, Copy and Reset.
Below are the detailed specifications:
|MSRP||$1,198 at B&H/ Adorama|
|Max resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Other resolutions||3:2 (3888 x 2592, 2736 x 1824), 4:3 (4864 x 3648, 3648 x 2736, 2592 x 1944), 16:9 (5472 x 3080, 3648 x 2056, 2720 x 1528), 1:1 (3648 x 3648, 2544 x 2544, 1920 x 1920)|
|Image ratio w:h||1:1, 4:3, 3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||20 megapixels|
|Sensor photo detectors||21 megapixels|
|Sensor size||1″ (13.2 x 8.8 mm)|
|Boosted ISO (minimum)||80|
|Boosted ISO (maximum)||25600|
|White balance presets||9|
|Custom white balance||Yes|
|CIPA image stabilization rating||4 stop(s)|
|JPEG quality levels||Extra fine, fine, standard|
|Optics & Focus|
|Focal length (equiv.)||24–200 mm|
|Digital zoom||Yes (3.8x)|
|Normal focus range||8 cm (3.15″)|
|Macro focus range||8 cm (3.15″)|
|Number of focus points||315|
|Screen / viewfinder|
|Screen type||TFT LCD|
|Minimum shutter speed||30 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/2000 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic)||1/32000 sec|
|Manual exposure mode||Yes|
|Subject / scene modes||Yes|
|Flash range||5.90 m (at Auto ISO)|
|Continuous drive||24.0 fps|
|Exposure compensation||±3 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|AE Bracketing||±3 (3 frames )|
|Format||MPEG-4, AVCHD, XAVC S|
|Storage types||SD/ SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick Pro Duo/ Pro-HG Duo|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|HDMI||Yes (micro-HDMI with uncompressed 4K/30p output)|
|Wireless notes||802.11b/g/n with NFC|
|Remote control||Yes (wired or smartphone)|
|Battery description||NP-BX1 lithium-ion battery & USB charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||240|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||301 g (0.66 lb / 10.62 oz)|
|Dimensions||102 x 58 x 43 mm (4.02 x 2.28 x 1.69″)|
Read more Sony Camera Rumors