Nikon USA has just released a new firmware version 1.1.0 for Nikon D5 full frame DSLR camera (Amazon/ Adorama/ B&H/ eBay). This new version has four main improvements for Nikon D5, see the detail below:
- The camera can now record movies up to 29 minutes and 59 seconds long. Movies are recorded across up to 8 files, each up to 4 GB size, which can be joined together using the ViewNX-Movie Editor option in ViewNX-i version 1.2.0 or later. *
- An Electronic VR option has been added to the MOVIE SHOOTING MENU. Note that electronic vibration reduction is not available at frame sizes of 3840×2160 or 1920×1080 crop, and that the angle of view is slightly reduced when electronic vibration reduction is in effect. *
- A Flicker reduction option has been added to the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU. *
- Dynamic-area AF (9 points) has been added to the AF-area mode options available during viewfinder photography. *
- The chief changes to viewfinder photography autofocus are:
- – Improved camera response when the button assigned Auto-area AF using Custom Setting f1 (Custom control assignment) > AF-area mode or AF-area mode + AF-ON is pressed to temporarily select auto-area AF.
- – Improved tracking when Wide is selected for Custom Setting a5 (3D-tracking watch area) and 3D-tracking is selected for AF-area mode.
- The following changes have been made to the shooting display in the web browser when Silent photography is selected in HTTP server mode:
- – An “SL” (“silent”) icon has been added to the release mode button.
- – The “number of shots remaining” display for continuous release modes now shows the time remaining.
- – Exposure compensation can now be adjusted by up to ±3.
- The file name (extension “.NDF”) is now displayed in HTTP server mode when Image Dust Off data are displayed in a web browser either full frame or in the image viewer.
- The web browser displays for computers, iPads, and Android OS now identify white balance presets 1 through 6 by number when preset manual white balance is selected in HTTP server mode.
- If movie recording is started while the camera is focusing in movie live view, the camera will now stop focusing before beginning recording.
- Fixed the following issues:
- – The camera would sometimes record the date of recording incorrectly during leap years and the like.
- – The Save/load settings option in the SETUP MENU would only load up to 10 of the up to 20 items that could be stored in “My Menu”.
- – The camera would display the encryption key for Direct (access point) connections when searching for wireless networks using Search for wireless network with Direct (access point)selected in the SETUP MENU > Network connection wizard.
- – The device would sometimes be unable to connect to the D5 when Connect and exit wizardwas chosen with Direct (access point) selected in the SETUP MENU > Network connection wizard.
- – The OS X edition of the Wireless Transmitter Utility would not function as expected when used to edit or add profiles for a camera connected via USB if Password protection was enabled for wireless or Ethernet LANs in the Network > Network settings menu.
- – The camera would sometimes not correctly display pictures created using the Trim option in the RETOUCH MENU.
- – If playback zoom was activated while the memory card access lamp was lit, the picture would sometimes not display correctly or the camera would zoom in on a point other than the active focus point if:
- • RAW Slot 1 – JPEG Slot 2 was selected for Role played by card in Slot 2 in the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU,
- • On was selected for Image review in the PLAYBACK MENU,
- • Memory cards were inserted in Slots both 1 and 2, and
- • The NEF (RAW) and JPEG images were different sizes
|SUPPORT CAMERA-RUMORS, BUY FROM ONE OF OUR AFFILIATE RETAILERS, THANKS !|
|Nikon D5 FX-Format Digital SLR||Check Price||Amazon/ Adorama/ B&H/ eBay|
Click Here to download firmware update version 1.10
Read more Nikon camera rumors
Follow Nikon D5 on Facebook: