Nikon has just officially announced the Coolpix A100. Here are the first sample images of Nikon Coolpix A100.
Click to see zoom.
Nikon Coolpix A100 primary features:
- A slim and stylish body that can easily be taken anywhereWith a depth of approximately 19.8mm and a weight of approximately 119g, the COOLPIX A100 is extremely portable and small enough to easily fit in a purse or small bag.
- An effective pixel count of 20.1 megapixels and a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lensThe A100 has an effective pixel count of 20.1 megapixels, and is equipped with a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers the wide-angle 26mm to telephoto 130mm (equivalents in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths. In addition, the camera is equipped with Dynamic Fine Zoom, which preserves resolution in the digital zoom range, enabling capture of high-quality photos at focal lengths up to approximately 260mm (equivalent in 35mm  format).
- Retouch functions that make photography more funThe A100 is equipped with Special Effects (8) that can be selected based on intent and applied with shooting, and the Creative Slider, which can be used to adjust brightness, vividness, and hue with shooting. Moreover, the camera also offers a number of advanced retouch functions, such as Glamour Retouch options (12) for easy application of a variety of effects to enhance human faces in photos after they are taken, and Quick Effects (6) that can be used to add a variety of effects to images.
- Additional Features
- Scene Auto Selector, with which the user need simply point the camera at the intended subject and the camera automatically applies the optimal scene mode
- Target Finding AF, with which the user need simply frame a photo, and the camera predicts the primary subject and immediately focuses on that subject
- Subject Tracking, which enables capture of beautiful, in-focus images, even when the subject is moving
- Smart Portrait mode, which can be used to capture beautiful portraits the instant the human subject smiles
Read more Nikon camera rumors